If you have desire to study in Germany. Then, in this one page article you can get complete information about Germany study visa process. This article includes thirteen step process plus lot of additional information. If you want to know about the process to study in Germany. Then start from step 1 and read all the articles till step thirteen.
These steps have complete information about German study visa process, from admission to booking of ticket. I try to make German study visa process as simple as I can for your better understanding. I also share additional useful Information in every step for your help. So, please click on the desired information link and get the detailed information on next page. I hope, after reading these articles, you don’t need to visit any consultant. Because with this information you will be able to apply by your own.
Read this basic summary and then come back to know about step by step process: German visa process, job and monthly expenses details. Many other important articles are not mentioned here, which have answers of important questions. So, must review all the articles on our blog along with this main article.
Please keep in mind that the study visa process for Germany is little bit time consuming. So, first prepare yourself to keep yourself clam and on the track. Before starting the first step, first clear your mind about Why you want to study in Germany? The importance of this question, you will realize when you will go for admission and interview.
The first step from where you need to start is document attention. That is one of the most important step which is necessary to move forward. Attest all your certificates (Matriculation & Intermediate) and degrees (Bachelors & Masters) from your concern boards. Check bellow all the articles related to step 1,
- What documents you need attest to apply admission in German university?
- BISE Gujranwala Board SSC and HSSC certificate verification process and requirements
- BISE Rawalpindi Board SSC and HSSC certificate verification process and requirements
- HEC degree attestation process and requirements
- Notary Public Attestation of documents for admission in German university from Pakistan
- Where to attest O levels and A levels certificates in Pakistan?
Now check your eligibility, in which level you can apply in Germany for further studies. Important articles related to this step are mentioned bellow.
- Check your minimum qualification and decide in which level you can take admission in Germany.
- Conversion of your GPA into German Grading system
If your qualification is intermediate then you need to take admission in foundation course. After getting success in foundation course, you can further take admission in bachelor degree program.
- What is Foundation Course?
- Get information about German Course levels and Duration
- German language institutes in Pakistan
If your qualification is bachelor degree. Then you can take admission directly in masters degree program. Courses with German medium of instructions are totally free in Germany. But the cost of courses in English medium of instructions depends on the different fields. Majority of the fields like engineering and information technology etc with English medium of instructions are also free in German universities.
But some fields like business studies (MBA) is paid in almost all the German universities. So, check the fee procedure of the universities before application. To take admission in courses with English medium of instructions, you need minimum IELTS score 6.0. If you are a self financed student. Then for both medium of instructions, you need blocked account for your living expenses. If you get German Scholarship then you don’t need a blocked account.
Study in Germany with Scholarships:
- Find a scholarship for your future studies in Germany. If you find scholarship program then you don’t need any further financing option or blocked account.
- Get information: How to get HEC scholarships for Germany?
For Paid studies in Germany:
- Get information how much finance you need to study in Germany
- Get information about different financing options for your study in Germany
Find a German University and apply for admission in your desired course. To study in bachelors find foundation course and to study in masters find masters program. After successful admission in German university. You will get an admission or offer letter. Useful links related to this step are mentioned bellow.
- How to find Universities in Germany for Admission
- How to find course for admission in German Universities
- How to apply for admission in German Universities through Uni-assist
- List of German Universities
- Letter of motivation for admission in German University
- German Universities admission deadlines
- Study Engineering in Germany
- Study Bachelors in Germany
- Study Business in Germany
- Study in Germany in Architecture
- Study Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary in German Universities
- How to prepare documents for Admission in German Universities?
- What is the best courier service to send documents to german university?
If you fulfill all the above requirements and successfully got the admission letter. Then further you need to open a blocked account in German Bank. Please keep in mind, if you have a German scholarship then you don’t need blocked account. It is only necessary for self financed students for their living expenses. All the important links related to blocked account are mentioned bellow. Read one by one to clear all the queries about blocked account.
- Open Blocked account in German Bank
- Which one is the best Deutsche bank blocked account or Fintiba blocked account?
- What is Student Blocked Account?
- Get information: How to open Blocked account in Pakistani Bank?
- Best student bank account for International Students in Germany
- Get information: How to open Blocked account in Deutsche Bank?
- Get information : How to download and fill Deutsche Bank “Student Blocked Account Form”?
- Get information: How to attest Blocked account opening form and documents from German Embassy Islamabad. Students who want to apply in German consulate Karachi, they don’t need any appointment. Directly go to German consulate Karachi and attest the document. Students of other countries check their own countries German Embassy requirements.
- How to open Fintiba blocked account for study in Germany
- How to transfer money in student blocked account?
- Student living Expenses in Germany
Along with your blocked account process. Try to prepare all the necessary documents for Visa application, according to the requirements of German Embassy and Visa type. For better preparation of visa file, links of important articles are mentioned bellow.
- Get information of Student visa document requirements
- Get information about types of study visa’s for Germany
- Get information: Where you can get travel health insurance?
- Get information: What is AMEX receipt?
- Where you can get Polio certificate? (it is only required for few countries)
- Find also accommodation for you in Germany
- Letter of motivation for German Embassy
- Requirement of Documents for Study Visa according to German Embassy Pakistan
- How to Fill Germany Study Visa Application Form?
- How to Prepare Study Visa File for German Embassy?
- German Embassy Pakistan Return Original Documents or Not?
When you will get confirmation of successful sign up and money transfer in blocked account. Immediately you need to book appointment for document submission and visa interview. Students who belong to Federal Area, Punjab and KPK they need to apply student visa in German Embassy Islamabad. For that, first they need to book embassy appointment. Book your appointment as early as possible. Booking procedure of Islamabad embassy is mentioned bellow.
Students who belong to Sindh and Balochistan. They need to apply student visa in German Consulate Karachi. Now like Islamabad embassy, they also need to book an appointment for German Consulate Karachi.
After successful appointment booking, you need to prepare your documents and interview. Documents preparation is already mentioned in step-6. Prepare all the documents according to embassy requirements. Also prepare a good interview by focusing on all the important points. For better preparation of visa interview, check bellow mentioned links.
- Prepare visa interview
- Interview Questions
- Most asked student visa interview questions in German Embassy
- Why choose German universities for study?
Now on they day of appointment, appear in embassy or consulate. Try to go early to save yourself form embarrassment. Submit your visa file, give interview and deposit visa fee.
Sit relaxed at home and wait for visa decision form German Embassy or Karachi Consulate. For visa processing time check bellow mentioned articles.
Congratulation, if you successfully got the German study visa.
- Don’t break your heart, if your visa refused. Prepare all the documents again in a good way and apply again for next semester with same blocked account and university.
- Possible Reasons for Rejection of German Student Visa
- Sample Appeal Letter for Germany Study Visa Refusal
Now book your flight ticket for Germany as early as possible. From Pakistan to Germany the most affordable airline with good service is Qatar Airlines. For all other cheap flights check bellow mentioned article.
Don’t forget to do shopping of basic necessities according to the weather of German city. Where you are going for studies. Best of luck for your future and fly to Germany. Must check bellow articles before taking the flight.
- What International Students Pack in Luggage When They Leave for Germany – Luggage Recommendation
- Is International Students on Their First Arrival at German Airport have Interview?
- Part Time Working While Studying in Germany
- How to Activate Deutsche Bank Blocked Account?
- Necessary Things To Do After Arrival in Germany as a Student