You have desire to study in Germany for higher studies from India. Now you want to know about Germany Visa Requirements. Then here I will tell you about complete study visa requirements. For Indian students Germany study visa process is very easy as compare to other countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh. For these countries German Embassy have more requirements and strict rules.
Basic study Visa Requirements for Germany are almost same for all international students. Only the visa process have different timeline for different countries. For some countries German Embassy demand more documents to verify the students identity. But as an Indian student, you don’t need to worry about too many requirements. You just need to fulfill the basic visa requirements. These are requirements according to Check List of German Embassy India.
- Study Visa Application Form (Download from German Embassy India’s Website)
- Valid Passport with minimum validity of 12 months
- One copy of your Passport’s main data page
- Three passport size Biometric Pictures
- Cover Letter or Motivation Letter
- Letter of Admission or Acceptance from German University
- Proof of Fee Payments or Scholarship
- Proof of German Language Proficiency for German medium of instructions or Proof of English Proficiency for English medium of instructions
- Previous qualification certificates
- Blocked Account or Scholarship or German Citizen Sponsor Letter
- Accommodation proof in Germany
- Proof of Financial Status or Income Source in India
- Declaration for true information (Download from German Embassy India’s Website)
- Travel Health Insurance (3 months valid)
You need to arrange two set of photocopies of all above mentioned document check list along with one set of original documents. Also keep all additional documents which you think can be important to support your visa case. Please don’t attach these additional documents in your visa file. Just keep these documents along with you. If visa officer will ask any additional document, then you can provide at that time. It will reduce your tension and time during visa interview. These documents can be related to your source of income or extension letter form German University in case of late joining.