Student blocked account is necessary to apply in Germany for studies. It a basically an assurity of your financial strength in Germany. When you will go to Germany for studies then you need money for your living expenses. Blocked account is for the fulfillment of these living and accommodation expenses.
If you are an Indian student and want to study in Germany. Then you also need a blocked account according to requirement of German Embassy. Normally students of other Asian countries like Pakistan, can only open their blocked account in German Banks like Deutsche Bank Germany. They are not allowed to open their blocked accounts in their own countries like Deutsche Bank Pakistan. So, it is a very stressful procedure for them to open a blocked account in a German Bank.
For you as an Indian student, it is very easy to open blocked account in India. Indian students have two options to open blocked account. They can either open their blocked account in local Indian Bank ‘Kotak Mahindra Bank’ or they can open their blocked account in Deutsche Bank Germany. Procedure to open blocked account in Deutsche Bank Germany is very difficult and stressful. So, it is better for you to open your Blocked account in local Kotak Mahindra Bank. I will tell you both procedures and then it is your choice where you want to open your blocked account.
Open Student Blocked Account with Kotak Mahindra Bank India:-
Visit any branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank India and request them to open Student Blocked Account for you to study in Germany. They will open student blocked account for you and you need to deposit 8,640 Euro in this account as per requirement of German Embassy. You can attached statement of this account in your visa file.
Once you will successfully got the German visa. Then after your arrival in Germany, visit any Bank and request them to open normal student account for you. Check here, which German bank is best to open a student account.[⇑]
You just need your passport and university student card to open the account in German Bank. After that when your German Bank account successfully opened. Then you can request Kotak Mahindra Bank India to transfer your blocked account money in your normal German bank account.
This process sound difficult because you need to open bank account two time. But it’s a good option for you, if you got visa refusal. Then you don’t need to worry about your blocked amount. Because that amount is in India not outside the country. Like students of other countries, who have only option to open account in Germany. If they got visa refusal than it is very stressful for them to get money back from German Bank.
Open Student Blocked Account with Deutsche Bank Germany:-
Procedure to open Blocked account in Deutsche Bank Germany is same for all the international students. You only need to attest your Blocked Account opening Form from German Embassy India. To attest the blocked account opening form you need to submit following documents to German Embassy India.
- Bring your Passport with you
- A copy of your passport’s first data page
- Blocked Account Opening Form (filled, but not signed) you need to sign that in front of Germany Embassy representative
- A copy of University admission letter
- The fee for the attestation is 20 EUR in German Embassy India (payable in Indian Rupees, bring cash only)
- First visit Deutsche Bank website and download Blocked Account Opening Form from “Forms Section”. If you are more than 18 year then download “Blocked Account Form for Adults”. Same if you are under 18 then download “Blocked Account Form for Underage”.
- Fill complete form in computer and take the print.
- Book document attestation appointment on German Embassy India’s website.
- Bring all above mentioned documents and attestation fee with you on the day of appointment. Attest you form and signature in Embassy.
- Must review the Form according to [How to Fill Deutsche Bank Blocked Account Opening Form] article and do signature on all the required places. Embassy officer will just verify your signature according to your passport. So, it’s your responsibility to sign all the necessary places. Even if you miss a single signature, Deutsche Bank will reject to open your account.
- Previously students send their account opening form to Deutsche Bank Germany by himself. But according to new rule of German Mission, German Embassy will send your account opening form to Deutsche Bank Germany. So, check all the signatures and submit your form to German Embassy.
- You will get account opening confirmation within one month by email and by post from Deutsche Bank Germany.
- Then you can transfer 8,640 Euro to your blocked account.